Gas odor in center toon

sidecar1997

Reaction score
I am noticing a gasoline odor in the center storage compartment. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. 

TIA

Normal. I store mine with the center storage lid open at all times and that has helped a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had gas odor in mine.  I don't think that is normal.

I wouldn't think that is normal. Kind of like blood in your urine. Something should be checked out. Are the fuel cells in a seperate chamber in the toon or is it all in one long one?

I took mine in a couple of times for this specifically and Bennington's official stance and statement on the smell to the dealer is that it was natural and normal for certain materials to permeate the smell through them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took mine in a couple of times for this specifically and Bennington's official stance and statement on the smell to the dealer is that it was natural and normal for certain materials to permeate the smell through them.
For my $0.02, there is a connection that needs tightened  ---  either on the vent pipe or fuel pipe.  

All have been checked multiple times both by myself and dealer, all is tight. I even had a smell of gas on my 07 Benny when lifting the seat under which the fuel cell was. I just store mine with the center tube storage lid open when not in use and when playpen cover is on, does double duty, keeps condensation lower and things drier and helps vent the smell. It is way better this way than keeping the lid closed when not in use.

Thanks for all the responses. I talked to Bennington and they said our boat has the new style fuel cell with a charcoal vent to stop environmental problems and that it is normal for some gas odor in the compartment. Nothing to worry about unless there is actual gas in the toon. We don't have that issue. We just leave the door open when stored and no problem.

Back