Gauge problems

Hopatcong Q

Reaction score
2575 QCW 250hp Yamaha ESP

Anyone have problems with the voltmeter and trim gages sticking? I only have about 15hrs on the boat and have noticed that the voltmeter sticks at zero for a few minutes before going to 14v. Obviously, since the boat starts I know that the batteries are charged and on occasion the trim sticks even when I see the motor move up and down while driving. I had the dealer check all the connections and did not find any loose connections. Could this just be a faulty gage?

Probably just the gauges, if it continues, have your dealer get you some new ones.

I've had that problem on other boats, a good thump gets them working, but you never know if they are lying to you.

I had that guage replaced on our toon a couple of years ago so anything is possible. It should be no problem to have it replaced.

Had a similar issue with mine as well. The trim gauge never read right from the first day in the water and I tried to adjust it and it wouldn't even come close to being in range. Dealer just threw parts at it starting with a sender and that didn't fix it so they ordered a gauge and installed it last week but I have not had a chance to use it since.

M6 trip gauge doesn't work. My 2275 is 4 years old and has only been used a few dozen times. I was told to replace the gauge by a local mechanic.

M6 trip gauge doesn't work. My 2275 is 4 years old and has only been used a few dozen times. I was told to replace the gauge by a local mechanic.
If it's only 4 years old it should be covered under warranty.

Back