Gauges for Merc Verado

Scott1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The dealer ordered the Verado 250 Pro for me.  My questions are, do these boats come with trim gauges or are they something you must order.  Also, I notice some other boat manufacturers off a "smart monitor" with these engines, which I think is Merc's "MercMonitor".  Is this an upgrade with Bennington, and if so, do I need it?

Thanks

Hey guys,

The dealer ordered the Verado 250 Pro for me.  My questions are, do these boats come with trim gauges or are they something you must order.  Also, I notice some other boat manufacturers off a "smart monitor" with these engines, which I think is Merc's "MercMonitor".  Is this an upgrade with Bennington, and if so, do I need it?

Thanks
You'll have 2 gauges which are multi-function, Merc SC1000's for Speedo and Tach.

I replaced one of them with a MercMonitor as detailed in THIS thread.

I also added a Garmin 547XS to show the Verado engine data in THIS thread.

Both were very expensive upgrades, but I like having the information available, especially given the complexity of the Verado.

You'll have 2 gauges which are multi-function, Merc SC1000's for Speedo and Tach.

I replaced one of them with a MercMonitor as detailed in THIS thread.

I also added a Garmin 547XS to show the Verado engine data in THIS thread.

Both were very expensive upgrades, but I like having the information available, especially given the complexity of the Verado.

I just read your thread, great information.  I already purchased the 50s, so no going back there.

I know on some other OEM websites, when you build a boat the smart monitor or MercMonitor is about a $600 upgrade.  Did you purchase yours from the dealer or somewhere else?

Thanks

I would strongly recommend joining www.veradoclub.com. It's not really a casual discussion site, but for a modest paid subscription there are compensated experts who can answer anything you'd have about a V-Rod. It has been invaluable to me at least.

Here is the parts site Verado Club Parts Site. Andy there is expert on anything you'd need.

Note there are several versions of the MercMonitor and the differences are more than multi-engine vs singles, etc. Mine is the multi-engine version.

Back