Getting a new boat cover?

MrG

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but can you refresh my memory on getting a new boat cover.

#1 if you buy a factory cover does it come with the buttons installed?

#2 if it does come with the buttons installed how did your cover fit?

#3 has anyone upgraded the factory cover material to a Sunbrella style material and if so what did you think.

Last but not least, what are you paying for a cover

Our boat is a a 2006 2575 RLIO

Thank you

If you buy the Tummac? cover, they have the original patterns. Depending on year of boat, you deal with PA Or IN. It was $600 for the big boat, snaps not installed but included. I did it in 1 day by myself. Had the expensive snap installer. Would not do it without it. Made a couple mistakes on snap locations to start. Left the wrong snap attached and mount a new one in the proper location.

Do not use a cheap tool for the snaps! :eek:

image.jpeg image.jpeg Had a Sunbrella playpen cover custom made last year. A local company made it on the spot taking him about 3 to 4 hrs. He just pulled up in his trailer took a few measurements and did a fantastic job! He matched up the existing snaps and added an additional pole where he thought was needed so water wouldn't pool. The Sunbrella fabric although water resistant is a breathable fabric so vents were not needed. I treated it with Starbrite waterproofer at the beginning of the season and the water still beads up and rolls off.

Cost for a custom made Sunbrella playpen cover for our 22 ft. Bennington.......$1000.

Last edited:
How's the cover working when it rains? From the pics looks like it would pool in multiple areas.

How's the cover working when it rains? From the pics looks like it would pool in multiple areas.

The poles may not be really tight in those pics but water has not pooled on this cover. The water just beads up and runs right off.

Tsumac wants $1200+ shipping + $135 for the button tool. So I'm guessing I will be into it for just under $1500.

Tsumac wants $1200+ shipping + $135 for the button tool. So I'm guessing I will be into it for just under $1500.
You don't have any local companies that do canvas?

+1 on a local company, any issues can be dealt with right away. And many times it's the stitching that's going to need to be repaired before the cover wears out.

We have some local places but not sure it's gonna be any cheaper or better quality. Only advantage seems to be that a Factory cover will require me to do a bit of the work (button install) my self. But the up side is I get a New tool out of the deal :)

The snap installation is not hard with that tool. I am surprised at the price for the cover. Mine by the same company for the 25' boat was half that price 2 years ago.

Back