Good News For Michigan ?

Jack M

Reaction score
I was in Oscoda last week and the lake level seemed pretty low. It has probably been 8 years since I was up there before but it seemed low. Hopefully the levels come up and stay up

Woke up this morning to snow on the lawn ,again

We spend a week every summer at my inlaws house on walloon and head up to my wives aunts house in hessel on lake huron. That lake has gotten so low that the need a ladder to get down to their boat from the dock, crazy.

Sure is a heck of a Spring we are having here so far....(sarcasm inserted here)

Although I hate the weather, I love that our canal now has water and the thought of putting the boat in front of the cottage again is a possibility...

Although I hate the weather, I love that our canal now has water and the thought of putting the boat in front of the cottage again is a possibility...
I've been thinking about your situation up there and hoping we got enough water to main the canal passable.

I hope that all the ice that Derrick has will drain into the Great Lakes. We take the ferry from Tobermory ON to South Baymouth to go fishing on Manitoulin Island every summer. We made reservations yesterday and found out that Lake Heron's water level is so low that the ferry company has delayed the start of service for this year. The drive around is 250 miles and 6 Hrs travel time extra. Hopes and prayers for higher water levels for all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back