Gps speedometer

Merc Verado has 2 holes, 2 slots. Remove 2 top bolts, loosen 2 in the bottom slots, and a floor jack with wood blocks does it. A chain hoist on the top lifting ring is easier.

so what is the basic physics around raising the motor up?

this will generate more RPM's?

is the boat usually rigged by the dealer with the motor all the way down?

has anyone out there with a similar Yamaha 200hp 2.8L and eplictal ESP pkg raised the motor up with positive results?

has anyone out there with a similar Yamaha 200hp 2.8L and eplictal ESP pkg raised the motor up with positive results?

I mostly slept through HS physics class, so I can't help you there. The idea of motor/prop height has to do with getting the prop into the least disturbed water. By disturbed, I mean aerated or churned water full of bubbles that keeps the prop from digging in and moving the boat forward in the most efficient manner.

BM provided specs for which holes get used on which installations. These are only guidelines, however. Some have had good luck experimenting.

The first thing I would do is check with whomever rigged your boat to be sure they used the factory spec. I would also check a similar boat (maybe a nearby dealer has one) to see how it is set up. I would expect if you bought it new that your dealer would be very interested in making sure you are FULLY satisfied with your purchase.

Less motor in the water = less hydrodynamic drag.

Yes, less drag = more speed & higher RPM

There is not a right or wrong answer as to where to mount the engine.

The upside to the lower location is that the engine will resist cavitation better in turns. Some operators do not want to be burdened with needing to trim down in turns to prevent this "blow out" while others will go to the nth degree for an additional mph.

Back