Has anybody heard of this Pontoon boat company?!?

I learned something interesting while ordering a new horse trailer a few years ago. The dealer knew I was intent on as low maintenance as possible, all aluminum, special matting, everything we could think of. The horses were enough work!

As a result, I ticked the option of aluminum flooring instead of standard 2x wood, which would be low maintenance. I discovered after delivery that it weighed considerably more than the wood version, probably the heaviest 2 horse non GN trailer imaginable. It was stout but very heavy. The dealer told me the wood ones give a smoother, more forgiving, ride for the horses.

Curiosity got the best of me and I stopped in and saw the Regency in person today.  Sorry Big K, I think the Regency touched the Bennington very inappropriately (wait, that's not what I mean!).  In other words, I found the interior at least as good as a G class and close enough to my R where I wouldn't have made a fuss about the "downgrade."  There were a lot of things I feel they did right and even better, and a few where I said out loud "what were they thinking."  All in all the value is definitely there which is good because the dealer said there is NO negotiation and the posted price is it.  I would do more research on the brand, the powder coat and those fixed price claims before buying but I'm definitely intrigued.  The salesman at Foothills Marine was nice and didn't try to make any outrageous claims.  He even took with a grain of salt (no pun intended - you'll see) the story he told me (yes, I know, he still told me the story) that his rep told when he was there about how they left it salt water in FL for ONE YEAR, took it out, power washed it and they looked showroom new. 

If that's what powder coating does then I WANT IT.  Shark Hide certainly doesn't do that, at least not for very long (not even 1 season).

He even took with a grain of salt (no pun intended - you'll see) the story he told me (yes, I know, he still told me the story) that his rep told when he was there about how they left it salt water in FL for ONE YEAR, took it out, power washed it and they looked showroom new. 

If that's what powder coating does then I WANT IT. 

Salespeople talk. No comparison. None. Nope. Nada. I am about to poof this thread because it is just not realistic. Nope.

Hey Nautical.......

The Regency I saw in Va. was nice but not all that! 

The powder coated toons were well done in my opinion. If it does what it claims as far as leaving it in salt water for a year and only having to power wash it and it's back to original shape I'd be interested!  NOT to buy a Regency..........but to powder coat my toons!

Glenn agree with you about Sharkhide. Believe me we've had our boat starting its 9th season. It has been relatively easy keeping our toons clean because we've trailered it all of these years before moving to NC. Put the boat back on the trailer wipe the toons off w/a towel..... done! I've had them acid washed a couple times and I've applied sharkhide myself a few times. But now that we keep our boat in the water I feel the performance of the Sharkhide has been lacking. Before we put the boat in the water last year I applied 2 coats of Sharkhide to all 3 toons. I noticed that after a couple weeks the toons below the water line discolored and there was nothing I could do about it. I know that I didn't miss the area that discolored. Very disappointed with its performance. I'd be interested in possibly having them powder coated in the future. More research needs to be done......

If you know the powdercoat process, then you'll know it can't be done to your boat. The powder gets baked after it's applied. You'd have to remove the tubes and need a really big oven.

Have not seen one in person but the lack of bow access is a killer for me. I want to be able to move around up there for anchor purposes. The other hurdle is that the local dealer is where I live and not where our cottage is.

If you know the powdercoat process, then you'll know it can't be done to your boat. The powder gets baked after it's applied. You'd have to remove the tubes and need a really big oven.

Thanks Carl! Didn't know that. There goes that idea. Ha! 

Diane pulled into the Benny dealer again on the way home from Westport. Becoming a habit......

(That replacement stern light lens cover cost $18.14 at the dealer.......unreal!)

Did more research.  The powder coating is easier to clean but will suffer the same speed losses at the same rate as a conventional pontoon.  Their "no haggle" policy seems to be real as well but they are priced right to begin with so all of the cards appear to be on the table.  Interest gone.

Did more research.  The powder coating is easier to clean but will suffer the same speed losses at the same rate as a conventional pontoon.  Their "no haggle" policy seems to be real as well but they are priced right to begin with so all of the cards appear to be on the table.  Interest gone.

Any bites on your boat?!? 

I'm getting some big nibbles but I'm holding firm on the price because everything is jacked up right now and if I sell I might get stuck without a boat.  It's just not that imperative that I change.

It's a beautiful boat with a 250 on it! Keep it! 

Our boat is 12 yrs. old but runs like it is new! The interior is fine but some of the aluminum rails are showing some age. Tried everything to clean the anodized aluminum but with little success. We'll probably have our panels "wrapped" in the off season. You'll see why.......

Back