Have you taken your Bennington offshore?

Bugsbunnyboater

Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you have ventured offshore in your bennington. I was looking at a post on anchors and noticed someone said they went 25 miles out.  

We take our boat out in the Atlantic off Ocean City but stay within 1 mile of the shore. I know enough people that go out that I don.t need to take the boat that far. But now that you ask. Craziest thing I've seen off OC fishing was a small Zodiac style boat come out tuna fishing. The guy actually catches tuna and brings the fish in and goes back in. Come to find out, a lot of the charter captains keep an eye out for him. Imagine the gaff missing the fish. WOOSH!

I'm planning on taking ours in the Gulf some, but staying behind the barrier islands may not be classified as going off shore. :)

Probably about 10 to 15 miles out in the gulf, is a far as I have ventured.  Once it got pretty rough (maybe 3 ft sea) so had to take it pretty slow on my way back to shore.  I have a short (18') with only two toons.

Yes, regularly go out in GoM with ours.  Most of the time less than 10 miles, but have occasionally ventured out further.  Watching weather conditions constantly, having good safety gear, KNOWING YOUR OWN LIMITATIONS, are the most important factors.  Know what you're going to do BEFORE the SHTF is critical.

Back