HHP Reinforcement Package

E4products

Reaction score
Does anyone know what exactly is being reinforced when you select an outboard that requires the HHP reinforcement package? What exactly are we getting with this option?

What I was told by my dealer when I ordered was that the HHP package included the following.

- The gauge of the aluminum for all underdeck parts increased from 0.09 to 0.1

- Added the rough water package that included some extra under deck (transom I think) bracing.

Lars

I've never heard of "HHP Package" and ordered a Verado 250 Pro and it doesn't show up on the boat builder that way. Is this the same as Rough Water Package?

I think it's only required on the Yamaha 350 outboard. It does include the rough water package (whatever that is).

I have a 2013 2550 RSR on order with a Yamaha 250HP for November delivery that will have the HHP package.

This increases the toon thickness from .090 to .100 thick aluminum as well as includes the features of the rough water package which is the under skin, heavy duty lifting strakes etc.

Rough water package includes reinforced transom area and the splash fins on the front of the toons are gusseted I ordered it on my boat back in 2011. Back then it didn't not include the underbody wave shield. I've never heard of HHP or even a heavy duty lifting strakes? Are they just thicker?

Todd

Rough water package includes reinforced transom area and the splash fins on the front of the toons are gusseted I ordered it on my boat back in 2011. Back then it didn't not include the underbody wave shield. I've never heard of HHP or even a heavy duty lifting strakes? Are they just thicker?

Todd
I believe the HHP package is new for 2013 and stands for High Horse Power. I ordered it because on Lake of the Ozarks the water can be rough on weekends and also because there are floating logs in the spring when the lake level is purposely raised about 6 feet.

I wanted the thicker toons since the price was not significant - roughly $460.

It is shown as a choice on the R Series build and I assume on other models also.

I believe the HHP package is new for 2013 and stands for High Horse Power. I ordered it because on Lake of the Ozarks the water can be rough on weekends and also because there are floating logs in the spring when the lake level is purposely raised about 6 feet.

I wanted the thicker toons since the price was not significant - roughly $460.

It is shown as a choice on the R Series build and I assume on other models also.
Hmmm, it looks like the 22' R's, which is what I'm buying, don't offer this on the builder (at least not yet). I checked a few 25' models and they certainly do.

Hmmm, it looks like the 22' R's, which is what I'm buying, don't offer this on the builder (at least not yet). I checked a few 25' models and they certainly do.
I think it's because the 22' has a max of 250hp and the 25' have the option of 350hp. Thus the High Horsepower Package. Might still be able to get it, but maybe not if the toons are actually thicker.

Derrick

The HHP option replaces .90 gauge pontoons with .1000 gauge tubes. This is not necessary for most water conditions, and we recommend that you discuss the option with your dealer to see if he suggests it based on your body of water. Dealers in markets such as Lake of the Ozarks (ever been? Where a helmet!) know to automatically add HHP to their packages; specifically I/Os and 300-350 hp outboards. TB

Back