HHP reinforcement package

gerry

Reaction score
Just looking through the boat building program for the 2013 2575 RCWs and saw when I went to rebuild my boat from last year that a couple things have changed. What is the HHP reinforcement option ? They say you must have the ESP option, so I don't think it is anything like the rought water option. Gerry

Just looking through the boat building program for the 2013 2575 RCWs and saw when I went to rebuild my boat from last year that a couple things have changed. What is the HHP reinforcement option ? They say you must have the ESP option, so I don't think it is anything like the rought water option. Gerry
HHP increases the outside pontoons from 0.080 to 0.100 thickness. On that model it might also include the boxed splash guards that are part of the rough water package.

Thanks Tom. Appreciate the quick response. Will be able to sleep better tonight. Gerry

According to TB that was an option they put in for Lake of The Ozarks customers since it is crazy rough and you might encounter debris from time to time.

You know Tom, that kind of makes sense. I have several friends who own boats on the Ohio River at Cincinnati and want me to come there, But I am kind of hesitant because of such things as that and floating debris, etc. Does anyone that boats in rivers such as the Ohio have any comments. Would the extra thickness help ? Would that kind of boating "beat up" a pontoon ? Maybe I can put BULLDOG ;) on to finding out what the weight increase may be or would it be only negligible. Thanks Gerry

You know Tom, that kind of makes sense. I have several friends who own boats on the Ohio River at Cincinnati and want me to come there, But I am kind of hesitant because of such things as that and floating debris, etc. Does anyone that boats in rivers such as the Ohio have any comments. Would the extra thickness help ? Would that kind of boating "beat up" a pontoon ? Maybe I can put BULLDOG ;) on to finding out what the weight increase may be or would it be only negligible. Thanks Gerry
Yes, I asked those questions about how much heavier, how much more robust is it, etc. but I never really got a straight answer on it. I think if I was on Cumberland or Dale Hollow where we've houseboated in the past, debris and logs would be a major concern. When pontoons went 15mph it was no big deal, but double that is routine now so the impact would be significant.

Back