How big is my fuel tank on a 22 LXL?

PYC5 Dave

Reaction score
I am getting ready for a trip and I am trying to determine how big of a fuel tank I have. I thought it should be somewhere around 20 something gallons. I have not been able to locate it in any Bennington Literature hardcopy or online, more than likely not looking in the right place. My instruments indicated that I had 8 gallons and that it was a third of a tank. I stopped at the station and put in 8 gallons and thought it should have taken more. Since the boat is on the trailer I did not want to figure anymore just trying to figure it out. The tank is visible from under the back L bench and it looks full. When I get it back in the water I am assuming my gauges will give me a different reading and I can go from there. Thanks for any input, I assume it is a standard tank. I see on some of the new builds there is a Maxi Tank option of 32 gallons, wow!
Dave

I am getting ready for a trip and I am trying to determine how big of a fuel tank I have. I thought it should be somewhere around 20 something gallons. I have not been able to locate it in any Bennington Literature hardcopy or online, more than likely not looking in the right place. My instruments indicated that I had 8 gallons and that it was a third of a tank. I stopped at the station and put in 8 gallons and thought it should have taken more. Since the boat is on the trailer I did not want to figure anymore just trying to figure it out. The tank is visible from under the back L bench and it looks full. When I get it back in the water I am assuming my gauges will give me a different reading and I can go from there. Thanks for any input, I assume it is a standard tank. I see on some of the new builds there is a Maxi Tank option of 32 gallons, wow!
Dave
Build and Price, select model, check standards tab at top right. If you have SPS is could be 42, if ESP package then it's 50 gallons (look under the performance tab). I really don't like the new build tools - the older model listed all the standard AND upgrades in one place - now you have to hunt them all down...a real pain.

Unfortunately the build site is not always accurate. I have a few print outs of my recent build with each showing different sizes . 32 ,34 and 47 . All with the same options . I still don't know the capacity. I'll have to ask the dealer after delivery.

Build and Price, select model, check standards tab at top right. If you have SPS is could be 42, if ESP package then it's 50 gallons (look under the performance tab). I really don't like the new build tools - the older model listed all the standard AND upgrades in one place - now you have to hunt them all down...a real pain.
Got the boat in the water looked at where the gas actually was and it was less than I expected. The Simrad said 18 gallons. I aded more now it says 21. The top of the tank indicates that it is a 26.4 gallon tank (or pretty close to that) I wanted to set the Simrad to full but will wait to buy fuel on the water and actually see full. Still wonder why at the gas station it would not take more than the 8 gallons which was a little more than 1/2 a tank. Thanks

The top of the tank indicates that it is a 26.4 gallon tank (or pretty close to that)

There is a label on the tank. If that is where you are getting the 26.4 number, then you have a 26.4 gallon tank. Now, the useable capacity may not be exactly 26.4 (for instance if the shape or mounting orientation causes it to overflow out the fill tube before it is 100% full).

Back