How to remove yellow tree sap on pontoon seats

A Little More R & R

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove yellow tree sap on our 2004 Bennington 207L seats. We parked our pontoon in the campground without the cover on, only to discover these dots that were brown, but when we tried cleaning these off with turtle leather cleaner, they left a yellow dot or stain. Please help, we are really disappointed by the yellow spots all over the seats. Thank you in advance for any tips on this matter.

You might try VERY carefully using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (wet). They are a micro-abrasive so you don't want to just scrub down the entire seats with it.

On the info sheet from the vinyl manufacturer. It says to try a dampened clean white cloth with a solution of 10% household bleach and 90% water. Rub gently and rinse with a clean cloth and water.

Good luck

I've tried the bleach/water solution that dasalmon mentioned and have been successful taking stains/mildew out of the seats and carpet.........Also try LA's Totally Awesome cleaner from the Dollar store...........Excellent product!

I parked my boat in my driveway in order to make canvas slipcovers for the seats (to keep stains off the light ivory seats.) I came out and found tree sap all over my seats.

I've been using Zep Orange degreaser (Home Depot/Lowes), and it's good enough to get oil base paint off your hands. But it won't budge spider dropping stains. The Magic Eraser's the best thing I've found so far. I'm also a fan of Awesome, which is only $1.00 a spray bottle @ Dollar General.

Back