I need some help identifying a spring from my 2021 yamaha 250 vmax sho PLEASE ?

chris288

Reaction score
hello, going on vacation with the 23lsb, figured id change the oil, spark plugs, fuel filter, lower unit oil and check the prop for fishing line before we leave. well, i changed the oil, plugs, fuel filter, moved onto the lower unit and chaged the gear oil, took off the prop and removed some fishing line and dropped the cotter pin into the prop, went into the basement to grab a pair of needle nose pliers and next thing you know i had this spring in my hand and have absolutely no idea where is came from... can anyone identify this spring and figure out where it may have come from througout my servicing travels, im at a loss....:oops: would really like to know where it came from or where it goes and would appreciate if someone could help identify it ???? THANKS chris

Attachments

• spring.jpg
    spring.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
What motor are you running?

hello, going on vacation with the 23lsb, figured id change the oil, spark plugs, fuel filter, lower unit oil and check the prop for fishing line before we leave. well, i changed the oil, plugs, fuel filter, moved onto the lower unit and chaged the gear oil, took off the prop and removed some fishing line and dropped the cotter pin into the prop, went into the basement to grab a pair of needle nose pliers and next thing you know i had this spring in my hand and have absolutely no idea where is came from... can anyone identify this spring and figure out where it may have come from througout my servicing travels, im at a loss....:oops: leaving for vacation this week and would really like to know where it came from or where it goes and would appreciate if someone could help identify it ???? THANKS chris
Check your cowling latches ... :cool:

thanks for the parts diagram, i looked through boats.net parts diagram but most of the springs do not have pics, just part numbers. The cowling latch springs are quite a bit bigger, but thank you...

thanks for the parts diagram, i looked through boats.net parts diagram but most of the springs do not have pics, just part numbers. The cowling latch springs are quite a bit bigger, but thank you...
Put your Yamaha year, model number and picture of the spring on Facebook Yamaha Outboards Group. Plenty of Yamaha experienced technicians that will know off the top of their head. :cool:

Back