Jabsco Quick Oil Change system

G

Geewest

I have always serviced my own boat's fluids. I picked up one of the Jabsco Quick Change pump's and I used it for the first time yesterday and all I can say is I wish I would have bought one of these years ago. ZERO mess and it takes like 30 seconds to get the oil out of your motor. You simpley attach the hose to your dip sitck, Attach the power, Hit the switch and thats it. Nice part is all the messy oil is contained in the bucket. And you dont risk getting any on your floor. To get rid of the oil you take it to the dump station and hook up the power again and it spits the oil back out in to the dump station yes the pump works forwards and backwards. Done. Easy Oil Change.

7D7D5EE6-84B6-4A16-8A52-1D3385E84B1E-1986-00000366F397A29B_zps8d2d1b42.jpg

When I worked in a marina back in the 80's (seems so far away doesn't it) we used those and they were great. Zero mess and done in no time.

I always used one when I had I/O's and inboards and they are the only way to to go.

Looks like a great addition to the tool shed!

Jack

At $175-$200, they should be very nice, and would be just about mandatory for someone that keeps their boat in a marina or doesn't have a trailer..

I just changed the oil on my new Yamaha F150 at 18 hours (October.) I put my drain pan inside the kid's plastic swimming pool, and didn't lose a drop. Changing oil's just a simple little job that anyone that's crafty enough to handle a boat can do on their own. It's the same with lower unit lube--easy, simple and quick little job. Both took less than 1/2 hour.

The $200 savings (over a dealer service) goes right into my fuel tank.

It's the only way to do it on an SHO motor. At least, it's the only way the manual tells you to do it.

Back