Just got my first Bennington and I can't see a damn thing

Will take a picture this weekend when I go to the beach.

Motor is the 200HO and rigged with I command system.

Thanks... I appreciate it. Is it a G2 or G1 model?

I know exactly what you mean by a dark dash layout!

I plan on adding these onto one of my empty switches in the future.

Probably under the lip of two of the bench seats on opposite corners of the boat.

(cheapo wallyworld style)

These would be too bright for a gentle dash illumination, but they have lots of other small 12V LED fixture that I'm planning on aiming at the dash gauges in the future.

Thanks Chucktuna!  Those are awesome - love the packaging with a button to try them.  I actually ordered a RGB system of strip lights yesterday for interior illumination myself.  I have monitored this site for expert information on how to fish the wiring under the hull - especially with all the aluminium under skinning I have on my boat.  The front I can get to - the back I can't so it's going to be interesting.

The switch that says Bright at the top is a dimmer switch .(  it is on mine ) 

Thanks Jack.  The concern I've raised is if you look at these switches the only part that is back lit is the oval with the milky white background.   If you look at at the dock light and the bright switches you will notice the icon is exactly the same.  The lettering shown does not back light and thus in the dark you can't tell what is what.   Now some will say you learn over time that the 2nd switch is your nav and the third is the dock lights but to me the icons are worthless.  Why not remove the icons and actually back light some letters - like NAV or DOCK.   For that matter you could make the letters smaller and get Nav at the top and Dock at the bottom.

So I talked to my Bennington dealer today and he says the rockers can be pulled off.  I'm not doing that to my new boat until I know for sure it can be done.   But my hope is that when I pull those off I can pull the milky white area out and maybe pull the icon off.  If I can do that then I'm going to use some label maker to create these letters and reset the switch.  Call me anal but the dash is not lit very well and I really would like to be able to know what these are - vs. some icon that is used in a couple different locations.

Those are nice switches, but other than an indicator to let you now the switch is activated, there is no automotive style lighting on them.

But what do I know.

I've got the lowly base set up....

An update - I checked with my dealer and verified yesterday that the rocker part of the switch can be removed by placing the blade of a flat screwdriver under the rocker and gently twisting.   There is a single "pin" that holds it into the switch.  There is a plastic bar underneath that seems to be able to be pried up although I was not brave enough to push it.  It also appears that this plastic peice is all one piece meaning that I cannot add any wording and have it protected from weather/water/etc.  So back to the drawing board.

I also did add some LED lighting to the interior underside of my seats.  Bennington did a nice job of leaving some power connections floating behind the dash.  I was thinking I would have to pull the switch but all I had to do was use some crimp on connectors from the hardware store and I was up and running.  I will pictures once I figure out how to reduce them in size.

Back