Kicker Radio problem.

arcarroll13

Reaction score
Have a 2020 Bennington with the factory kicker radio, it will work fine for about 20-30 minutes. Then it will just keep cycling on and off. Has anyone had this issue and figured out a fix?

Thanks
Andrew

2020 should still be under warranty. If you purchased used did you transfer the warranty at an authorized Bennington dealer?

The warranty can be transferred still . That may be an aftermarket radio.
Bennington uses Rockford radios

You can contact Bennington they can tell you what was installed. 888 906 2628. They need your Hull ID

Did you buy it recently? The warranty can be transferred to you, it simply needs to happen through an authorized Bennington dealer. I strongly recommend doing so as it is a very good 10 year warranty. As for radios, Kickers were one of the options OEM on the Bennington until recently. My guess is your radio is OEM for your boat and year. For example, our 2017 also has a Kicker radio and speakers…still going strong after all these years.

He had posted a Kenwood radio originally. Still in the title

Find a local Bennington dealer and get that warranty transferred . There is no cost to transfer .

Check the harness connection under helm. I have to fiddle with mine every so often. I get intermittent power every so often. I’ll unhook/hook it back up a couple times and I’m good for a while.

Have a 2020 Bennington with the factory kicker radio, it will work fine for about 20-30 minutes. Then it will just keep cycling on and off. Has anyone had this issue and figured out a fix?

Thanks
Andrew
It could be moisture inside the radio. Some radios have a built in sensor that detects moisture and will shut down or work intermittently until the moisture is gone. I had this issue in a previous boat I owned and took me a while to figure it out. Does the issue seem worse after a rain storm or when high humidity occurs? If so this could be your issue….

Check the harness connection under helm. I have to fiddle with mine every so often. I get intermittent power every so often. I’ll unhook/hook it back up a couple times and I’m good for a while.
I use to have soo many problems with mine also. Like Semper said and jiggle the wires and it will work again. Then 20 min later, do the same. Rinse and repeat. PIA

Thanks
Andrew
Had the same problem with my 2020 Bennington last year. Kicker kept getting very hot and would shut off. Finally crapped out. Bennington covered it under Warrenty for me but I’m the original owner. New kicker also gets hot but hasn’t started failing yet.

Thanks
Andrew
had the same problem 2020 srx25, bought private, never transfered the warranty, dealer said no prob, gave him the serial number of the boat, new radio on the spot..

Sorry to hear some of you have had issues with your Kickers. My original Kicker stereo on our 2017 is still going strong. Hopefully it continues that way. I use it as the streaming gateway on the boat for music from my phone.

Sorry to hear some of you have had issues with your Kickers. My original Kicker stereo on our 2017 is still going strong. Hopefully it continues that way. I use it as the streaming gateway on the boat for music from my phone.
Same here! Play Pandora through it. But we have a lot of strong radio stations around here....

Back