Lenco Trolling Tabs

G

Geewest

We got our Q in May we have 225 hrs on it so far I would say that over 90% of our time we are going under 5mph. Electric motors like these would seem like a great option to save gas and More importantly cut down the number of Hrs I'm racking up ony motor and drive train . At this rate Ill have a boat with over 1200 hrs on it in 5 years.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=iZXgDX8Wrw8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DiZXgDX8Wrw8

I saw these Trolling Tabs that Lenco makes the trim down into the water when you wanna use electric and then they trim up and out of the way when you want to run on gas.

The electric joystick is a awesome feature. I could see having it set up so you could drive the boat from any seat in the boat.

A custom pontoon boat company sells Lenco Tabs. See: http://u-fabboats.com/index.htm or call them @(613) 283-1888 to get their feedback about them. You'd have to have your depth finder mounting removed to add them.

A lot of people that are on small, restricted lakes use Lencos on 18'-20' pontoons. Some don't even have steering consoles with Lenco only motors. They put the joystick beside the rear seat.

I called Lenco to find out more information about the "joy ride system" and was told by a woman at Lenco that starting this year they No longer make the "Joy Ride Trim Tab system". She cited lack of sales/intrest for this product made the company decide to stop selling it. I'm disappointed because I'm very interested in adding a electric motor system to my boat and thought that the Lenco system was a great set up. I see that MinnKota makes a electric trolling motor system as well but the way your able to control the lenco motors with a joystick and the fact that it allows you to trim the out drive out of the water to reduce drag made the Lenco system a bit more attractive to me. It sounds like some places might have old stock of this product but I'm not super excited about installing a system on my boat that no longer has factory support

How is that system going to swing up and out of the way? And then you would have to install a 2nd stearing system

Last edited by a moderator:
Im doing my research now. And from what I have found out so far is. The Minn Kota system is designed to be used to move your boat from spot to spot. NOT shuttle you across the lake. Or be used constantly. But im still checking on that. Im having trouble finding out from real users what to expect from a system like the Minn Kota. The Twin Motor set up even though its shown on the web site is no longer in production. The bigest motor set up you can get from Minn Kota is a Single 101 LB thrust motor. I have no idea if a Min Kota system like the one pictured below would work on a Bennington like myn. Im gonna try and talk to some real users to find out what I can expect

minnkota.jpg

I looked in the FAQ's tab and it said this

Can I use the EM (Engine Mount) on a pontoon?

No, the boat would have to go up on plane in order for the EM to be out of the water while the main motor is being used. Since pontoons don’t go up on plane, the EM wouldn’t come out of the water and would cause too much drag.

Back