Lifting using deck supports

What exactly do you mean by "deck lifting"? The boards on our lift go under the tubes lengthwise. Pics are in my gallery.

I mean using upright supports and bolting 2x12's on the uprights so you lift under the deck of the boat instead of lifting on the pontoons.

I've never seen that before. Do you have a pic of your lift setup? I'd be curious to see what you're trying to accomplish. This is ours.
gallery_1200_147_2222868.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I Do not have any pictures, we are in the process of constructing it now. Basically all it is are four uprights mounted on the lift carriage with 2x12's bolted to the uprights. You lift on the boat deck on each side of the center pontoon instead of on the pontoons. The boat hangs on the 2x12's. We carpeted the 2x12's so the center pontoon can slide down the board. I don't think it is anything new, quite commonly used I think. I saw it at a boat show and decided to make my own.

OK, I gotcha. I'm going to move this thread to Dock Talk. You'get more replys over there. Where you posted this is for suggestions about the site.

Back