Loading my 25' Bennington Tritoon back onto the trailer

That looks like it would work with a center toon but on a 2 toon I think it would spring up and maybe get caught in the cross braces.

My thought is that it would rest in between the bunks on either side as well. Perhaps not, I have not measured.

I have also thought about a level laser. This would provide you an added sight line.

I have also thought about mounting a wireless backup camera on my trailer point towards the bunks and putting the screen on the boat. Tie the power to the trailer lights, put a magnet on the camera. Plug the screen into the cig lighter on the boat and camera to the trailer lights on the truck (could be a separate plug I always unplug my trailer when backing in), and watch as you load.

I have the camera on my truck, but I for the life of me cannot find where I bought it. It was less than $50.

Wow Rockie you have given it some thought. I have to leave mine plugged in to power the brake lock-out on the trailer. I got your original idea but just guestimated (is that a real word) that I would not have room between the bunks. Your new idea sounds like you need to get a patent real soon.

Lol. Feel free to run with it.

THANKS TO ALL WHO POSTED WITH IDEAS. WE WENT OUT TODAY. I DID NOT BACK THE TRAILER DOWN AS FAR, AND MY HUSBAND WAS ABLE TO JUST DRIVE RIGHT UP ONTO THE TRAILER, AND WE HIT THE BUNKS DEAD ON STRAIGHT AND ALL 3 TOONS STAYED IN THE BUNKS. WHAT A GREAT DAY, EASY LAUNCH AND THE EASIEST LOAD SO FAR!!! GOTTA LOVE THIS SITE, YOU WERE ALL A HUGE HELP. THANKS!!!!!!!

I got the short guides (fit inside the toons) from Academy Sports for 6x.xx. They have been well worth it for our area as we have really steep boat ramps (cant see them until your goind down them). We had the same issues as you did, and these fixed it. We have even loaded it in really windy weather and it loads perferct. We even bent one with a really hard side load, and it was simple to remove and bend back with some manual labor. I also adjusted the bunk boards to 1.75 in from the tunes when centered.

I pulled my boat out of the boathouse today and put it on the trailer for cleanup. My guides were half in the water.

Fortunately, I made it the first try--power loaded it. When I got the boat on land, it was off center a little bit. I think it helps to have the tween toon bolsters a little closer--more like 2" from the toons when properly centered.

We're going to make slip covers while the boats's out to protect our light ivory seats from spider droppings from the boathouse ceiling. I got enough matching outdoor fabric to cover everything for $120, including shipping. We're going to hold them on with velcro.

Back