Looking for dock fender ideas.

Tozyp

Reaction score
My 2250GSR w/150 Yamaha and SPS pontoon package just came in but I need to wait few weeks to take delivery as we still do not have water in our lake. They lower the water level in the winter months.

I want to be ready when the boat arrives but need some type of bumpers / fenders to add to my floating dock that will protect the pontoons. I would like to have something that would be permanently mounted and was wondering if anyone had some ideas?

Here are some photos of the dock sections that I have. They are still stacked up on the beach.

My thought is that the pontoon contact area will be higher than the top of my dock? You can see the small rub rail on there now but need more protection than what is there.

Thanks for your help! Tom

Dock1111.jpg

dock444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently installing Dock Harbor (Company name) cushions on my floating dock. These cushions are 4 feet long, 11.5 inches which and 4.5 inches thick. These cushions are polyethelene and have some give if you enter improperly. I measured my rub rail height above water level and mounted the cushions so that the center of the cushion will be the same height as the rub rail. My slip is 12 foot wide and I am also installing the Dock harbor 90 degree cushions which are 2 feet long on each leg at the slip entry. You find these on the internet or many boat accessory suppliers.

My rub rail height is 3.5 inches above the top of my dock so I mounted galvanized 2x2 pipe to my dock to mount the cushion to.

I mounted 2x4's vertically every 8 feet to keep my boat from floating under our dock and getting the fencing damaged by the wave action. It's worked out well. Now, I need to get some vinyl dock bumpers or other smooth material on the 2x4's to avoid any rub rail scratching.

Yes, good point. I found this example of vertically mounted bumpers sold through Overtons.

Gander Mountain Overtons 1.jpg

Back