Lowrance Elite7 TI

CastingCouch

Reaction score
Hello, I'm going to install a Lowrance Elite7 TI sonar on a 2575 GL.

Has anyone of you mounted this sonar with it's huge transducer onto your pontoons and also do you have any suggestions of things to do and not do for the install? I'm thinking it should be pretty straight forward but usually when I think that way, that is natures way of saying I'm in for an education $$$.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Can't help you out Dave, but I'd probably have similar luck!

I would think, mount as low as possible to get the cleanest (non turbulent) water. Get some small wire clamps and small stainless wood screws to screw the wire to the deck when crossing over from port to starboard side. Make sure screws are only 1/2" or so!!!! Don't get longer ones and end up punching through top side! You'll want a wire clamp at rear of transducer bracket, then one at top at rear M bracket to keep the wire tight against toon. Run it up through toon brackets to x-over point, x over using clamps, then up through helm wire boot. Finish up at helm and wala!

I installed a Garmin, with boat in the water. Was pretty straightforward and easy to do. 

Thank you for the responses. I don't have any problems mounting it, the real question is where, as in how deep, I've read everything I could find and they all say avoid turbulant water but with a weld at the trailing edge of the pontoon, does that cause problems for the transducer? Maybe I'm over thinking it because my last sonar on a previous boat never worked well on a plane but it was fine at trolling speed. I'm just wondering if anyone has installed a side imaging transducer and what problems they encountered and better yet what was the fix?

It is trail and error.  I added a side scan Dragonfly and have had to adjust the transducer several times.  Not perfect yet but getting better. Used wire running sticks to tread the wiring above the under-skinning. 

Remember, transducer mounted level while stationary, is very different angle when under power. I think thats what creates more issues than anything. I was reading up on mounting, and I read, if necessary, you want it to skim the surface, vs plowing the surface. I'm going to be installing a Simrad (uses Lowrance transducers) and I'm going to mount as low as possible on bracket. Is your transducer the long Totalscan one?

TOTALSCAN_Blue_3_lg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, transducer mounted level while stationary, is very different angle when under power. I think thats what creates more issues than anything. I was reading up on mounting, and I read, if necessary, you want it to skim the surface, vs plowing the surface. I'm going to be installing a Simrad (uses Lowrance transducers) and I'm going to mount as low as possible on bracket. Is your transducer the long Totalscan one?

TOTALSCAN_Blue_3_lg.png

How much bow lift or stern drop do you get with that 20? ;)

How much bow lift or stern drop do you get with that 20? ;)

It's funny ... you'd be amazed. You can actually feel the torque of that beast set you back in the seat ....  :lol:

I'm mounting more for tube turbulence than bow lift ....  :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back