Mercury motor

Debbie T

Reaction score
on March 8, 2018 I put a deposit down on a 2016 Bennington. I loved the boat and they said that the motor was stolen and they had the motor on order. They ordered the motor from a dealer that is the largest mercury dealer in Missouri. I was told it was due in after April 1. A few weeks ago they said the motor was to ship around April 7. I have been leaving messages and I can’t them to call back. My question is how long if a dealer orders a motor does it take to get from the factory? My husband says it’s boat season so maybe they are running late. Please give me you thoughts. Starting to get worried!

I believe your husband may be correct. Boats and motors are in high demand this time of year. Hang in there.

You’re in the busy season beside the hurricanes last year that probably put the heat on more than normal. The dealer is probably just as frustrated as you because he can’t get paid till you take delivery! Doesn’t excuse the unreturned messages but makes sense.

Normally I’d advise patience as its getting into spring boat season, and there are probably backlogs all the way down the line - boats, motors, supplier, etc... Being off a week or two wouldn’t worry me in and of itself, but not returning calls or emails would. Are they near enough to you where you can just stop by in person?

That sucks but you are now getting a new motor on a used boat! You won the redneck lottery!

Back