Mice

I put little foil pie plates filled w/mothballs around the boat. I have one in the front part near the front gate...............in the middle.................and in the rear. I have an I/O so I also put one in the engine compartment. Field mice had gotten in my old bowrider and chewed up all of the dock lines and anchor rope. They actually made little nests out of them to keep warm I guess. Ever since then I've used the mothballs and haven't had a problem.............

Get a really small cat that can patrol within the cowling. Or Mothballs balls as stated above as option 2

Mothballs and dryer sheets.

I used about 500 dryer sheets last year inside the boat and I had no mice no spiders and the boat smelled springtime fresh.

Mice in the motor ? I never considered that .

I agree with the dryer sheets and moth balls .

Last edited by a moderator:
Mothballs? But how do you get their little legs apart?

Bada-bing, bada-boom. I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress!

Welcome to the forum McMullan!  Where are you in CT?

Another choice is to put out small lids with whole cloves in them.  I put them around the boat every winter, and have never had any mice.

I will be buying the dryer sheets and moth balls by the pallet load

Better Safe Than Sorry

Storing Mine At A New Dealership In Ohio

My luck his storage facility is a mouse convention center / hotel

Search for "Fresh cab" www.Earthkind.com made here in ND organic and non toxic and smells like spice, works great and has been tested over again in farms and grain handling facilities ect, I ude it in my travel trailer which sits outside all year in the country and have zero mouse issues. Also use fine steel wool and plug any big openings or holes they may get in through, also safe and deters them big time, I used to use drier sheets and they work for a couple of months until the smell wears off and then the mice nest on top of and around them. If you store things for 2-3 months max then drier sheets work but my personal experience is they don't work in our long winters.

Back