Mold Removal

Burdman

Reaction score
Over the fall I had a significant amount of mold accumulation on the seats of my 22ssx. I tried the 50/50 mix alcohol and water with about a 50% result with the lightened stain still there. I have tried numerous West Marine mold removal products with no about a 50% reduction after multiple attempts. I have tried to avoid bleach products. Has anyone found a product that really works? Any help would be appreciated

Try mckees37 mildew remover.

I haven't used it on Simtex, but Marine 31 has provided amazing results for me when other cleaners failed.

Marine 31 and McKees 37 work great. I believe the guy who started marine 31 sold out and started Mckees. So pretty interchangeable. You can smell the bleach in them, or what smells like bleach. Definitely bleached a pair of shorts as I used it on a buddy’s neglected boat. But … sometimes you need what works.
I order the Mckees 37 online, but if you are in a rush I bought marine 31 at academy sports.

cobey

In the top right corner of the forums page is a search box. Use the keyword "mold."

I just tested it and it brought up 10 pages of previous posts on this topic. Not every one may be about your problem, but you should start there.

Marine 31 and McKees 37 work great. I believe the guy who started marine 31 sold out and started Mckees. So pretty interchangeable. You can smell the bleach in them, or what smells like bleach. Definitely bleached a pair of shorts as I used it on a buddy’s neglected boat. But … sometimes you need what works.
I order the Mckees 37 online, but if you are in a rush I bought marine 31 at academy sports.

cobey
Bob McKee just sold his place in my neighborhood. He holds a cars and coffee the first Saturday of each month at his Stuart location which is always a good time. Nice guy too.

3 words, Concrobium Mold Control! Spray on surface, scrub with brush and some water sprayed on lightly, rinse with water and let dry.

I've had good success OxyClean (active ingredient is sodium percarbonate...non-chlorine). Worked well for the canvas top too. Just needed to use a large commercial washing machine for the top! Individual furniture covers fit in our home machine. Best price is available online for the active agent, follow instructions.

Back