Mooring Cover Poles Warranty?

big shooter

Reaction score
Are the mooring cover support poles covered by the warranty? I had one of the plastic locking pieces crack. The dealer charged me, just wondering if I should be claiming warranty or pay for the pole

I would hope and assume that they are covered by the "bow to stern" warranty. Curious what others think.

If the boat is within warranty and you are the original owner ,I would think they should be .
Here is Bennington's number .

BENNINGTON ,United States & Canada: 888-906-2628

Last edited:
Dealer charged $36.74 for the pole. I have been busy during the day and haven't been able to get in touch with them yet to see about the warranty claim. In the past they have charged me for warranty items but as soon as I call them they take it off. Hopefully the same thing here.

Dealer charged $36.74 for the pole. I have been busy during the day and haven't been able to get in touch with them yet to see about the warranty claim. In the past they have charged me for warranty items but as soon as I call them they take it off. Hopefully the same thing here.
As asked above are you the original owner and is the boat under warranty? Also a Bennington dealer can transfer the remaining warranty to a new owner but offhand I do not know if everything transfers. Are you dealing with an official Bennington dealer or someone that just had a Bennington boat to sell you?

Since these things don't typically crack with regular use it's possible the dealer assumed it failed from improper use or abuse. I would ask why the warranty was denied or if they believed this was NOT covered by warranty.

I had a rear swingback cushion fly out of the boat and the dealer covered under warranty - likely because this was a known potential issue. I have to say Bennington has been GREAT to work with on any warranty issues for me so as Jack noted reach out to them if the dealer isn't able to give you a satisfactory answer.

Update: The dealer initially said no it wasn't a warranty item. I questioned why not and they realized that they never submitted it to Bennington. 1/2 hour later they called me and said Bennington was covering it.

So the lesson is always ask if the dealer actually submitted a claim or not.

I actually was okay either way. I have no idea how the support pole broke and would have accepted if Bennington said it was abuse, although the pole was either being used or protected in the seat compartment. But one of the reasons I bought a Bennington was the warranty, and I was thrilled that they didn't fight over a $36 retail part.

Back