Motor Covers

Jack M

Reaction score
I will be in an uncovered dock at the marina . I am debating if I should buy a cover for the motor or not .

Any thoughts ?

I have not covered our motor in the past and it really has not been an issue. However I bought a new one this year and purchased a canvas cover for my F150. I just decided it would be better covered. Also our new one is 2375 GCW so there is an extended aft which will allow me to actually get back to the motor more easily. I will let you know how it works out.

I ordered a Sunbrella cover with a liner for our Mercury from a canvas shop and plan to keep it covered when we're away for the week. Mine slides on and off in seconds with a drawstring at the bottom and with the aft deck it's painless. I really like it. The Mercury factory engine covers are really made for trailering only as they fit like a glove but take serious effort to get them on and off. I can't imagine doing it in the water, so opted for the custom one.

I haven't seen the ones for Yamaha's, but I'm sure they're available.

I ordered a Sunbrella cover with a liner for our Mercury from a canvas shop and plan to keep it covered when we're away for the week. Mine slides on and off in seconds with a drawstring at the bottom and with the aft deck it's painless. I really like it. The Mercury factory engine covers are really made for trailering only as they fit like a glove but take serious effort to get them on and off. I can't imagine doing it in the water, so opted for the custom one.

I haven't seen the ones for Yamaha's, but I'm sure they're available.
There are two locations new me .

Thanks ,I will check them out .

Was that a custom order or do they have them in stock ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was custom made for the Verado by a company in Florida, GDS Canvas. It took awhile and was rather pricey, but it's nicely made. I'll try to remember to take a picture when I button it up for the weekend. I can PM you his email info if you like. I would think any local canvas place could do it for you though.

I emailed the Sunbrella dealers near me ,they are most likely off for the week end .I am sure I will hear from them next week .

Thanks for your help .

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was custom made for the Verado by a company in Florida, GDS Canvas. It took awhile and was rather pricey, but it's nicely made. I'll try to remember to take a picture when I button it up for the weekend. I can PM you his email info if you like. I would think any local canvas place could do it for you though.
I noticed you said rather pricey ,does that mean more than a factory cover ?

I don't need the price .

Thanks again

Here is a link to a thread on the Verado discussion board with pics.

http://www.veradoclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=19.0

Sunbrella is $135, Sunbrella Supreme is what I ordered, which is $165 and also trailerable. The regular Sunbrella one is not.

Hope that helps.

Here is a link to a thread on the Verado discussion board with pics.

http://www.veradoclu....php?topic=19.0

Sunbrella is $135, Sunbrella Supreme is what I ordered, which is $165 and also trailerable. The regular Sunbrella one is not.

Hope that helps.
Thats great ,I am not trailering ( at this time ) so either would work for me . The factory cover for a Merc was about $190 .

Thanks again ,I will be ordering from Sunbrella .

Basspro shop has universal canvas engine covers in different sizes, we got one for our 150 Mercury 4 stroke. $35 fits good, has draw string, heavy canvas and water resistant.

RiverBill

I use the Tuff skinz for my mercury cover. Felt lined, snug fit, I really like it

Todd

Basspro shop has universal canvas engine covers in different sizes, we got one for our 150 Mercury 4 stroke. $35 fits good, has draw string, heavy canvas and water resistant.

RiverBill
Is that a " lined " cover from Bass Pro ?

Not line, but a soft canvas. I don't tow with it on, use it when the boat is covered in the boat slip. Keeps the sun from killing the shiny Mercury black finish.

RiverBill

A few pics of my Verado cover from GDS Canvas. The lining is very soft material, so as long as the motor cover is clean, there is no scratching as it comes on and off. A little 303 protectant on the plastic cowl helps too.

Back