Mounted my new fish finder.

Nice! Thanks for sharing...

Looks good, we did similar in that location just used a ram mount which puts it in easy eye shot while cruising.

Wow! That thing looks complicated. When I want to find fish, I just cruise over to the Cock of the Walk, go in, look at the menu, and tell them that I want a plate full of fish, and Val-ah, there it is!

Last edited:
So did you pull the cup holder and install over the hole or make an adapter to fit the cup holder hole like a plug?

Nice. I have the same unit. Mounted mine on the port side of helm. In the shade better I figured. And for some reason I glance down better left, than right when I driving.

So did you pull the cup holder and install over the hole or make an adapter to fit the cup holder hole like a plug?

I removed the cup holder and made a mount out of pvc and rubber plumbing hose. Under the console I have the wires run down then backup inside the rubber hose and then out the side. So any water running down the cables will drip into the bottom that is capped off and hooked to the cup holder drain. Probably over kill. But if i ever need to remove it I can just put the cup holder back in so that's nice.

Nice. I don’t like to drill holes so the option to go back to factory is my style

Great idea... I plan to install my new Helix 5 this memorial weekend. My console looks to be the same .
Do you have any pointers on how to get power to the unit.
I have an unused switch on the right side but I'm not sure were to wire it.
Sorry to take us off topic.

here is where mine is. mounted right next to the 12v power port. Depending if I'm sitting or standing. I just tilt it up or down. I figured port side would be in the shade more. Since it's more in the middle of the boat. Plus I can actually angle it over to the left and my wife can see all the pretty colors and little fishies on the screen While sitting in the lounge area. I have an aftermarket 12v low profile plug that gives me 3 additional power ports and USB . I lay that in the shallow area right in front of the gauges. 20170701_203751.jpg

my new play toy. mounted. running wiring harness this weekend.....hopefully. It only lives there when anchored or trolling speed! 19" 12v LCD TV with DVD player. Swivel bracket. Monitor can be angled toward rear or front of boat. And tilted down for glare. When the bimini is down. the small mounting bracket folds out of the way of the support arms. And it's down low enough not to affect the boot. Power from helm. Antenna will be mounted in the back. My fishpole holders mounted on the tow bar double as a antenna pole holder when anchored. 1 1/2" PVC fits nice and snug in the pole holders. Fishin' and watching the great American race! Race weekend baby!!!! NASCAR and INDY! I'll also run a Canon XA-25 HD live camera feed to another input on the monitor. I can record all fishing trips. And at night the XA-25 has really good night vision capabilities. So I'll have a nice big monitor too see at night. 20180520_121933.jpg

Back