My new Benny 22 SSX

brentah,

Thanks for the reply. The Prop you selected sounds like its producing good results.I have been getting recomendations on a 4 blade though it seems like what you are running may be the way to go for that boat.  
Mercury's Enertia 3 bladed prop seems to be the standard of the industry in pontoon and tritoon propellers, and it's available in 1" pitch increments.  Yamaha's Reliance seems to be the preferred prop and very comparable.  It's doubtful that in most situations 4 blade props really perform as well as 3 blades.  Pontoons are different animals in that they're displacement hulls until they're straked, and then they're planing hulls.  I'm perfectly satisfied with my Reliance 15 pitch prop.

Beau,

I am not sure what motor you have, but I have the doc from Yamaha and performance tests done in conjunction with certain Bennington models that will give you an idea of what prop should go on your toon.  My dealer told me that Bennington orders the prop and that the dealer gets no say so...dealer indicated that Bennington has done so much testing, with Yamaha at least, that there isnt much guesswork.

Mine was pretty straightforward since I boat in saltwater...have to have a polished stainless steel to begin with...after that it was a matter of making sure I had the correct diameter and pitch...from what I have read, the correct prop will put you close to the WOT rpms but not over but also not too low under the WOT rpms, if that makes sense.

I just put my order in for a new 22SSX. I did a little different configuration, removing the Aft storage/live well compartment to make room for G series recliners in the aft. Thank you all for your insight on this forum, definitely made me more comfortable in my decision making.    

Congratulations on your new boat!  Our 22-SSX Bennington is our first pontoon (tritoon) style boat ... and we love it!  The 22-SSX reminds us of the general layout of classic sport fishing yachts ... it is a great overall boat that can do everything other boats can do, but even more and even better!  Plus we're finding that Bennington does it best of all. 

Enjoy! 

Beau..when do you expect your new Benny to arrive?  Cant wait to see pics.  Enjoy and congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your new boat!  Our 22-SSX Bennington is our first pontoon (tritoon) style boat ... and we love it!  The 22-SSX reminds us of the general layout of classic sport fishing yachts ... it is a great overall boat that can do everything other boats can do, but even more and even better!  Plus we're finding that Bennington does it best of all. 

Enjoy! 
where in Ohio?

We use our Bennington 22-SSX at Indian Lake ... they have awesome waterfront ammenities: beaches, boating, cycling, docking, fishing, fuel, hiking, housing, marinas, parks, picnicing, restaurants, service, shopping, skiing, tubing, wakeboarding, etc.

med_gallery_4362_493_12768.jpg

Enjoy! 

I'm getting really happy now! Went down and lined up the rear recliners for install. Motor then mounted, got battery station set up under the L bench. Benny looks great. The only hick up is the Reliance SDS out of stock. My boat tester suggested throwing a Mercy Enertia on there, "sounds good, we will see how the Enertia runs vs. the Reliance when it becomes available". I threw a couple quick photos up in the Gallery. Cheers, Beau  

Congrats! Enjoy your tooning!!

Back