Need some trim....

BubbaW

Reaction score
Got our benny in sept, so haven't really had the opportunity to get our 25' 250 yamaha dialed in. Once spring has sprung I'll be cleaning the toons and performing engine maintenance. All that said, what are some procedures for max performance by adjusting ones trim up or down ?

Start off with it all the way down. Then as you start to get going trim up and you'll find the sweet spot.

Lol are you in advertising? You got my attention! I was going to direct you to Craigslist!

Adjusting the trim is a feel thing. You'll start all the way down and power up while going straight start to trim up and watch your speed. Just go up a little at a time until you see the speed start to drop.

My trim at max sped is a couple taps past 3/4 up with just me on board. Depending on where more weight is (and how much) you might trim differently. When cruising I typically trim up when larger wakes are heading towards me to lift the front of the boat,and then back down to cruise.

(FYI) when you get to the max speed, you might start to "porpoise". This is when the front of the boat lifts and drops like you're bouncing in a 65' Impala with hydraulics. Just back off the throttle, or drop the trim, or enjoy the ride. It's all a preference thing.

Good luck in finding that perfect "trim"!!!!!

Lol are you in advertising? You got my attention! I was going to direct you to Craigslist!
According to 60 minutes tonight, Amazon claims to offer everything :)

As for trimming the toon, appreciate the comments and suppose I was overthinking what one would need to do to accomplish max performance. Looks like it's going to be a long winter waiting to get that toon going again :blink:   

Back