New Boat First Day

kkitowski

Reaction score
So got the boat today and it's awesome.  Only had a little bit of time for a few pics, so they are below.

Couple issues on first day:

- seagrass aft did not get put in -- dealer working on solution

- snap cover put on vs. clip cover - dealer working on solution

- fuel fill was really SLOW -- found that if I turned the handle of the fuel pump to the left keeping the nozzle in, fuel flowed into take perfectly fast

Took the boat out for maiden voyage and to get through the initial hours.  Put almost 5 hours on the motor.  Was able to do a little testing towards the end, and couldn't keep WOT long, and also didn't remember the RPMs. 

- (2) people, 1/2 tank gas, 41mph via Lowrance GPS

- (11) people, 3/8 tank gas, 34 mph via Lowrance GPS

Not too bad for first day.  Took an hour to figure out the cover setup and adjust poles, but know it will get faster.

Tomorrow -- travel 3 hours north to be on vacation for 8 days on boat!! 

Congratulations.

Sweet !!! New toon just in time for vacation. Can't beat that!!!

Congrats !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on your fuel tank set up, check the vent hose. There are numerous threads/posts on the vent line having a bend in it, making it act like a "p trap" and can cause slow fuel filling issue. The vent line typically just needs adjusted a little bit to get that droop out of it. Check yours and see if that helps.

Personally, I think long term you will be happier with the snaps. I've read from a few about the pain when the clips break. Great pics! Enjoy it.

Sharp looking boat!

Very nice.  Have a great vacation.  Mine spit gasoline out a couple of times while filling.  Think it has to do with slight down curve in the vent line forming a "P" type trap as mentioned above. 

Where are you going?

Congrats on the new Benny! Welcome to the club!

Congrats on the new boat!  I too had some slow filling issues and checked the vent line but it was fine.  I found that on our marina's pump the connection where the gas hose meets the handle/nozzle assembly can rotate a full 360 degrees.  Adjusting that angle a bit after putting the nozzle in the filler allowed for uninterrupted fuel flow. 

Congrats

Congrats on the new boat...looks great!!!

have a great vacation

Later,

Marc

Back