New owner - couple of questions

stt

Reaction score
Just bought a new to me 2005 Bennington. The warranty card that came with the original paperwork says it can be transferred. How do I do that? Also does anyone use Optima Blue batteries? Has a Yamaha 115 on it. What size battery do you suggest? Thanks in advance.

I'll refer you to other readers on the warranty question. You could always call Bennington Customer Service in Indiana.

As far as batteries, you're likely to get a number of answers. The first question is whether you have trolling motors or large audio power boosters to power? If you have neither, I would just use an automobile style "starter" battery from one Autozone/Advance/O'Reilly's--as a cost savings. I've had'em last 10 years, and I've had them easily start a boat that hadn't been running in 2 years. 650 amp hrs. would be a minimum size.

Deep cycle batteries used by trolling motors don't seem to have the lifespan of a "starter" battery, and they're generally expensive. But they are required in recreational vehicles, however, hooked to a converter to run 12 volt lighting and a water pump(when 110 volts is unavailable.)

I'm sure the Optima blue top deep cycle battery is a fine battery, but it cost twice what you could purchase a regular battery for. Optimas have their place--when a battery's going to be forced to undergo a few g's (offroad racing) or if they need to be installed in a tight place or funny position--like on their side.

Good luck!

Thanks, nothing else to power, no trolling motor or big stereo requirements. Like the closed cell option of the Optimas or similar.

Welcome stt. Just go to Wally World for a battery and save the money of an optima for fuel (and fun). For the warranty question, Just call Bennington with the hull number as Bamaman suggested.

Back