New Owner Needing Advice on Prop

Mark Shelton

Reaction score
Ok, just picked up my new Bennington SWRX 24.  It has a Yamaha f150 on it.  I wanted to know if anyone could give suggestions on the right prop size.  Thanks for the help!

15x15p Enertia is what I have and love it.

Hi Mark, I have a 24SSRX with an f150 and I have the Yamaha reliance SDS 14.5" by 15" and I am very happy with it. 

Go with the reliance. I run a 15pitch on my f200 and love it. Get the SDS hub as well if you can. I think the newer 150's are already setup for it. SDS stand for shift dampening system. You don't get that loud clunk when going in and out of gear.

Thanks, going back to dealer today.  I requested a stainless prop and what he did was take the prop off of 250 Yamaha he had on the lot and install on my F150.  Not sure they are interchangeable.  I think it is a 15 1/2 pitch but not sure of the diameter.  I do know that when we run it the motor has a fairly significant vibration and I wouldn't think that is normal.

thanks for your response!

Ok, went back to the dealer today and am going to try a Solas 14.5 x 15.  From all the suggestions this sounds like a pretty good consensus.  Will let you know.  

Also found out that the boat came with a lighted Bimini, although I have not found them yet.  I really didn't look because I just didn't know it was supposed to have them.  I guess the next question is how do they turn on and where are they?

Leds are in the bimini frame when it's open. The switch is on the vertical part of the frame and the nav lights or anchor light must be on.

Thanks cwag911, I know I sound really stupid but as I said this is our first Bennington and they are a little different than any of the other boats we have owned.

i really appreciate the help!

Any time, ask away.   :D

Right now I am running a Solas 3 blade aluminum 14.5 x 17 pitch. There seems to still be a slight vibration which Yamaha says is normal with the F150 motor 

Back