Newbie....clicking noise

Mitch1129

Reaction score
Just bought a used 06 Bennington 25' pontoon at end of last year. Put it in the water this year and when I just turn left the steering slips a little and "clicks"? Only when turning left? Adjustment? Lubrication? Problem? 

Sorry guys I'm brand new to boating, just found this forum. Any help would be appreciated? 

Also where can I get Bimini hardware? My plastic main beam mount fell in the river when I was putting the Bimini back up into place.....rough first trip lol 

Last edited by a moderator:
Only weird thing is it was fine last year and fine when I pulled it out of the water? That's why I thought it was lubrication or cable adjustment?? I'm lost lol 

Call your local Marina service department and ask them. I'm sure they have encountered this problem before.......

I was hoping someone would have seen or heard of that problem? I just have standard cable steering. No power. It was fine all last year but since I put it in this year it continuously clicks and slips as I turn left. Perfectly fine right. I didn't know if that's a lubrication or adjustment problem or if anyone has come across that before??

Welcome to the club Mitch! If you haven't already tried, I'd crawl under the helm and have someone turn the wheel to see if you can determine the source of the clicking. It does seem weird that this problem as suddenly appeared for no apparent reason. Hopefully another member will be able to answer your question! Good luck...

Thank you guys. I ended up talking to marine mech at marina and ordering complete steering kit for 169 bucks on Overtons. 

Back