No front cleats?

Padre

Reaction score
Ok, first time out yesterday on our own (only other time was the 'test drive' when we picked her up.)

We have a 2013 22SSFX.

Put a rope on each rear cleat. Went to put a rope on the front cleats.........and ?????????. There are no front cleats! So I put the ropes on the u-bolts that say "do not lift" by them.

Is this normal?

You should have front side ties (U-bolts). I use the front holes in the front pontoon end capss with snap clips & dock lines to tie the front off. It keep the pontoons from hitting the dock and damaging the dock! We own our dock so I leave the dock lines on the dock, The snap clips make for easy docking & launch.

RiverBill

We've heard this before on a number of boat brands. The U Bolts are just as strong as the cleats. I keep a rope with a metal snap tied on my dock, and just snap it when I come in

Hey Padre................Congrats on the new boat! Have you posted any pics of it yet??????? Looking forward to them....................

From what I've seen in pics, the panels on your model come far forward which looks like it allows no room for cleats. It does look like the side u-bolts are intended for tying of as you are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back