Oh man.....spent almost 2 hours at our local Bennington dealership

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Took "Big Kahuna" for it's 2013 Maiden voyage today but it was so crowded we didn't go................On the way home we stopped by our local Bennington dealership and checked out their in stock inventory and my wife fell in love w/a 2013 2275 GCW w/a Yamaha 150 and a 2275 RCW w/a Yamaha 250.................Absolute beautiful boats..............but my head is spinning! Smokey granite, Mocha palm carpet, ESP, SPS, shatter graphics, sea grass flooring, Yamaha command link gauges, recliner upgrade, delete this, add that, blue ice LEDs.................so many choices and options! The first boat was in the $40000+ range and the second boat was near $70000..............We quickly came to our senses, thanked the owner for spending the time to explain every model and feature to us and ran to our Expedition! We are very happy w/our 2275 RL I/O and we are going on our 6th season w/it but would love to have those comfortable rear facing loungers we saw today. Doesn't hurt to look right??????

Last edited by a moderator:
Just go in and sign the papers, once you get it in your head, it doesn't leave!! Congrats on the new boat! Haha

Yeah I hear ya guy. Our boat is only a year newer than yours and to be honest, the only reason I have the beast I have is because I found it used two years ago and thought it was an absolute steal. I would love to have our boat brand new (2013) model but no way we could afford the price. We bought ours from a marina and the guy who had previously owned it traded it in for a new one.....with a $75,000 price tag to match. Not sure what my boat retailed for but we only paid $26,000 for it. I thought this was such a great deal that my wife and I drove from Michigan to where the boat was in eastern PA only 2 hours away from NYC at the marina there. Took us 9 hours to drive there and 12 hours back towing it through the beautiful Pocono Mountains. Anyway, my point being we feel very fortunate to own this Bennington even if it isn't brand new.

Yup, can't take it with you, enjoy it while you got it !!!!! :D

70,000 I wish I would have gotten off that cheap. My problem is I always want the top of the line , my wife says that not a good thing , we where over 100k. My answer is its only money I will make more tomorrow. Ha ha ha If you want it just do. Have either way
With that motor you got, your smiles will replace any thought of the cost.

Big, Do like I do and lurk in the shadows...out of all these nice Bennys some will come up for sale. My boat is like yours, a RL 2550, and most people that are uneducated about barges think it is only a year or two old. This next Fall or Spring it gets a Champagne color wrap to look more modern. Steve

Big, Do like I do and lurk in the shadows...out of all these nice Bennys some will come up for sale. My boat is like yours, a RL 2550, and most people that are uneducated about barges think it is only a year or two old. This next Fall or Spring it gets a Champagne color wrap to look more modern. Steve
Yup....exactly what I did to find mine 2 years ago. I looked around on the internet DAILY for like 4-5 weeks and then found mine. Same as what you said Steve, people do not think I have a 2005 boat but more like a new boat or at least only a couple of years old.

Please tell me more about the "Wrap" you are getting this fall or Spring. I have been in contact w/several local companies that do "wraps". But they are not really that experienced w/boats. They mostly do fleet vehicles like Geico or local service companies for advertising. That's why I haven't settled w/any one company yet..................

Daril - Just go down and buy Diane the new boat! She's getting too good at skiing behind the Big Kahuna and needs a new challenge!!!! We will need to see some pics of your new toy!!!! LOL

Haha Dan. No new boat for Diane! Nothing wrong w/Big Kahuna...........especially the "paid off" part..................

If you ever start itching for a payment I'll give you the account number for ours at the credit union!

Big, I intend to stop at the sign shop this week for a ball park price. A barge should be easy because I have seen several cars wrapped and a barge(except Q's) have no compound curves. Steve

But they do have the rippled (corrugated) panels.... Cars have flat panels so much easier to apply.

If you ever start itching for a payment I'll give you the account number for ours at the credit union!
Big, I intend to stop at the sign shop this week for a ball park price. A barge should be easy because I have seen several cars wrapped and a barge(except Q's) have no compound curves. Steve
But they do have the rippled (corrugated) panels.... Cars have flat panels so much easier to apply.
Haha! No thanks Andy! :lol: Let me know what kind of price they come up with Steve! Thanks. ( I tried shooting you a PM but it wouldn't allow me to) I wondered if the corrugated panels would be a problem, Semper. It wasn't a factor when I applied the boat name letters which are about 6 inches high. A whole wrap may be different...............

I think the corrugated panels won't cause any issues, they stretch and shrink it around corners like crazy, they would have to make sure to keep air bubbles out, and now that I'm typing this out and thinking about the video if them putting it on, it could cause troubles. Haha, they would just have to be really careful when smoothing it out to get all the crevices I suppose. Funny how when you start typing out your answer you KNOW what you think, and as you type you start questioning and rethinking your theory! Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new boat my friend! LOL. You have just named why I can't go in to the showroom when I have my truck's oil changed. :)

Back