Ordered New 24SFX Dual Stern Gates:

akleader

Reaction score
So excited.  I ordered a new 24SFX, because I am a huge fisherman.  This is an upgrade from a Lowe SF214 rhat I had for 2 years....nice upgrade!!  I have a couple questions after I list myoptions.

24SFX w/ 175HP Verado

Ski Tow Bar

Vinyl Upgrade w/ snap in Sea Grass

Rod Locker

4 Pole fishing rod holder..

SPS System w/ sealed strakes

In floor storage 3 tubes

Champagne Panel Regatta Blue PanelDimensional Chrome Logos

2 portable cupholdersMaple Matte Table

Pillow Top upgrade (pressed Diamond)

Upgraded Recliners & Captains Chair

stainless steel ladder

Kicker Speaker / w/ Bluetooth

Custom Wheel

Starboar Lid Upgrade (whatever that is)

Bimini w/ Blue LED

Blue ICE LED console Panel

Cupholder Lighting

Underwater illumination

Docking Lights / Stainless steel

Heavy duty rubrail

sharkhide at factory (best option ever!!!)

My intention is to have a Lowrance HDS 9 Generation 3.  It has 2 transducers.  They should not be extremely close together.  I will put one on the metal bracket in rear.  No clue where to put the other one.  Anyone have experience with HDS units on their Toons?

I have 6 weeks to get this figured out, but I want to tell dealer exactly where I wants them.

Steve

your biggest issue is mounting the unit. I have a garmin 740 and the Bennington Helms just are worthless for larger than 5" screens.

I'd ask dealer to have a second bracket added on the port side pont0on.

Note  - do the transducers HAVE to be on the prop upwash or downwash side? Garmin want theirs in the downwash (starboard side with clockwise prop rotation.

Not sure about the propwash stuff, but I will find out.

Would the dealer add 2nd bracket?....or could they do at factory.  I am a newb.

I will use a nice RAM mount & put on back side of helm......pics of people doing this in gallery here look nice.

Yes - helms could be more customizable.

Your post makes me happy tho.  Was not sure I could get 2nd bracket added.   I bought an HDS 9 G3 today & returned it today.  It made more sense to determine logistics.

Akleader, congrats on the new boat. I to am trying to figure out a new map plotter set up. Please keep me posted on what all you find out. It is driving me crazy trying to figure out what I want to do.

I'm guessing your asking about a bracket for the ransducers on both port and starboard toons? If so it can be done, they do this with the saltwater packages for anodes. (Or. So I've read on here)

maybe this is already covered, but you'll be getting a starboard bracket on your toon with the underwater lights.  You can mount the trandsducer over there.  Factory LH bracket with factory transducer.  Starboard bracket gets 2nd transducer

Todd

I don't have the saltwater package, or the underwater package, but I did get the starboard bracket.  Is it part of the ESP package, sealed strakes or ??  I don't know, but I got it.  There is nothing mounted to it though.

2015 2350RSR ESP, sealed strakes, center fuel, center storage

Mark

Back