Pickup Late next week questions:

akleaders

Reaction score
Ok....going to be a new Benny owner soon.  Super excited.  Boat arrives at dealer around Wednesday.

I had a Lowe before so definitely upgrading (although I loved the Lowe).  I want to do everything right before I hit the water.  Nobody told me that the "toons" ozidize immediately last time & that bothered me.  I got factory sharkhide.  I have a plan for the first 2 days after I take delivery - & before I put boat in water.  I will take maiden voyage asap once this is done.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

I did not plan on applying anything to mooring cover or bimini initially.....but open to suggestions if this is a mistake.

1)  I am going to wax panels (entire boat) with Meguiars premium marine wax.

2)  I will apply 2 coats or rejex to Mercury Verado 175

3)  I will apply 303 protectant to all upholstery inside

4)  I intend to apply 1 additional coat of sharkhide to outside toons......anywhere I can reach

5)  I will put a coat of wax on entire console inside of boat.

6)  I have entire floor vinyl with snap in seagrass....I do not believe there is anything I need to do.

7)  I do not usually wax trailer, but I am curious if anyone does.

8)  Load boat

9)  I am gone!!!  Yee haw!!!

Every day seems like a year.  Killing me.  I am very interested to see how much space is in the in floor storage (3 tubes). 

Will post pics upon delivery.

Steve

Steve,

Congratulations and Enjoy 

have-fun.PNG

Steve, if I am not mistaken, the center tube storage is 6 feet long and the diameter of the tube (32inch on ESP). That makes it large enough for you to climb down into if you were so inclined.

Congrats !! Looks like you understand the pic rules. :)

Congrats!!  Just reading your forum entry gets me excited.  Appears you want to do do everything right to take care of your new toon.  Can't wait to see the pictures.  More excitement -- tis the season. BTW, the ESP center floor storage is huge like mentioned above.  Also, I did not treat my bimini or storage cover since the boat is garaged and only taken out in nice weather.  However, will be putting something (303?) on the bimini this year for sun protection.  Enjoy your new boat.

Congrats!!  I think you've got it covered.

I appreciate the responses.  Sounds like I have everything pretty much covered.

This infloor storage is going to save me some headaches.  I just need to keep it organized & not just create a "black hole".

I read about this here, and I will use either milk crates or the plastic storage bins (with tops) in various sizes.

Steve

Yes I have waxed my trailer several times.........used Nufinish.........although it's in need of one now.........

You know after you do all that to the boat a big bird is going to come by and..............S--- on it! But that's good luck right?!?

Congrats and enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Back