Pontoon lift

ash

Reaction score
I tried for hours reading about pontoon lifts and still have a few questions I am hoping the pro's here can answer.

1) We are having a dock rebuilt and the builder installs Hewitt boat lifts. Does anyone have experience with this brand?

2) Is it better to install a lift that lifts by the toons (bunk style I think?) or one that lifts under the deck? Plenty of discussion on this for trailers but not lifts. We are in a no wake zone and my goal is just to keep the speed robbing algae off the toons.

3) Is there a way to future proof your lift? We have a 2012 20 Sli.

Thank you all for your help!

Ash

Ash, if you click on my gallery pictures under my name, there is a pic of our lift. I don't know what a Hewitt lift is but ours is a Hi-Tide. We've had it for 4 1/2 years and love it, especially the remote for the lift and lights. The only maintenance I do is grease the pulleys and cable bars at the grease fittings.

I also have some pics of my lift. Just had mine changed from slings last April.

1) We are having a dock rebuilt and the builder installs Hewitt boat lifts. Does anyone have experience with this brand?

Hewitt lifts are very popular brand of cantilever style lifts and about as good as they come. We use (and prefer) boathouses with Ace style cable lifts holding our boats on racks by 4 cables. Every lake is different, and has different style docks.

2) Is it better to install a lift that lifts by the toons (bunk style I think?) or one that lifts under the deck? Plenty of discussion on this for trailers but not lifts. We are in a no wake zone and my goal is just to keep the speed robbing algae off the toons.

Storing pontoon boats on wooden runners running parallel under the toons is preferable.

3) Is there a way to future proof your lift? We have a 2012 20 Sli. Sorry, but I don't understand.

I am very happy with my Sea-Legs, and would highly recommend taking a look to see if they meet your needs.

P1000100.jpg

http://www.sea-legs.com/

Thank you all for your input and pics.

I will definitely go with the bunk style lift. Love the concept of sea legs, however, the added weight would be an issue. We are often close to capacity on the 20 SLi and my goal is to squeeze as much performance out of the toon as possible. In regards to future proofing, I was just told that if we end up with a V bottom boat in the future, the transition would be cheaper from a bunk style than a center lift.

Thank you all again!

Ash

Back