pontoon log question

Take it to your local firehouse. They should have a TIC (thermal imaging camera) on the rig. Explain to them how it would be a useful training topic since the same technique can be used to determine the level of materials in liquid tankers or propane tanks.

There is a tape that you might find at an outdoor furniture store selling propane tanks. It changes color depending on the interior being somewhat full. Pour hot water on the tape as it sits on the toon if it changes or shows multi. colors I suggest water. in the toon. As a suggestion the boat must be out of the water dry for a day. Be hard to do all that in the water anyhow.  It works on Propane tanks I've done it to see how much gas was in it.

Call your local Fire Station and inquire if they have a thermal camera.  If they have a camera, they should be able to look at the pontoon and determine if their is a thermal difference.  Keep in mind, I would put the boat in the water for the trapped liquid to cool.  Let the boat set in the sun for a little while to warm the aluminum.  They should be able to see a difference if much water is trapped.

Back