Power Bimini Top work Sporadically

PVPAUL

Reaction score
So I’m on season Number 10 here in WI and my boat ha worked flawlessly until now. The Power Bimini will go down but will not go up. The first time this occurred I’m not sure if we were able to reset and it worked again. The next time out this happened again, the good news is that it goes down so I can get onto the boat lift. There is no information I can find in the owners manual. I honestly don’t know how to reset this either. The boat battery is pretty new and I put a trickle charge on it and it’s still not working. Do I need to contact someone other than Bennington to help me out here? I’m hoping that I can trouble shoot this here without taking it in and losing the balance of our short boating season. Any tips / information appreciated.
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpeg
    IMG_3599.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 4
The last member that had this issue a few weeks ago, had a bad switch . You can search the upper right corner for the info .

So your breaker reset beneath the button no longer solves the problem, but had prior? Correct? A couple things I would probably try to run through in this order…

1) Since it will go down, it must have power. However, normally I’d:
2) Check for any loose connections or potential fuses that need to be replaced.
3) Perhaps check for any corrosion in all relevant connections with it being 10 years old (I am wondering if this could be the culprit).
*** this said, the above doesn’t seem likely if it powers down when up***
4) Jacks good idea above. We recently had another member with a similar sounding issue and it ended up being a bad switch. Maybe the switch is compromised and only working in the one direction…

Good luck!!!

Back