power bimini

lakebum

Reaction score
Hello all....has anyone checked into the power bimini offered by pwr-arm.com? It is supposed to be the same one that comes from Bennington and the rest of the top builders. They won't sell to individuals and they want boat shops to do the install. I'm in the process of getting pricing. They have an impressive video on their web site. Comments?

I would love to have one but I guess they don't work on the 12" biminis. :( It takes two peolple to get mine down.

Hello all....has anyone checked into the power bimini offered by pwr-arm.com? It is supposed to be the same one that comes from Bennington and the rest of the top builders. They won't sell to individuals and they want boat shops to do the install. I'm in the process of getting pricing. They have an impressive video on their web site. Comments?
I have one and also install them

here is a link to my restoration I have a vid of mine in here

Ron

I would love to have one but I guess they don't work on the 12" biminis. :( It takes two peolple to get mine down.
yes the PWR-ARM top works with a 12' top whoever told you it did not does not know what they are talking about

Ron

Ron is correct. You do not use your old top. I think it takes a complete new top and frame. The parent company is very large and high tech. Ron I first found this on your restoration site. Credit where credit is due. Ball park price? Thanks, Steve

Ron is correct. You do not use your old top. I think it takes a complete new top and frame. The parent company is very large and high tech. Ron I first found this on your restoration site. Credit where credit is due. Ball park price? Thanks, Steve
Steve

Thanks, the complete top is around $4k plus any additional labor to install on a boat that is already assembled

I will be selling and installing the new electric top as soon as it is released, been a long time in the works

Ron

BTW Steve where are you located

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Ron, live in little rock, Arkansas, boat in Hot Springs, AR.
Steve

if you were closer I would give you a good deal on power top hyd or electric.

I am getting ready to make some more changes to the Bennington this winter I will update the thread

Ron

It is the same top as Bennington and other manufacturers use. Only real difference is the canvas. Check out Power-Top.com as they sell the electric pwr-arm top by Schwintek for $990. They have good videos too of installation, features and a demo vid that shows a Bennington going under a bridge.

I installed one on my Bennington back in the Spring and LOVE it.

AMW is right about the Schwintek power top, and they're available at PontoonStuff.com for right at $1K. UTube also has installation videos, and they're not very difficult to install. The hardest part is snaking the wiring through square tubing.

Schwintek's main business is travel trailer, fifth wheel and motor home slider hardware. Schwintek used their resources in this field to apply to the bimini business.

Power tops are very nice, and the aftermarket price is right @ $1K. They're less attractive @ $2K prices, however. I'm tall, and have found it relatively easy to deal with manually putting my top up and down. Tops are easier to deal in some models of Bennington boats than others, however. A double bimini might just be preferred to a single power bimini--at boat manufacturer prices.

Our bimini canvas needs replacement. For Bennington factory replacement canvas, it is $795 plus tax and shipping. For $200 more, we can have a power bimini.

One more thing, I got the standard fabric. They have an upgrade and the stock fabric is pretty thin. I would check into the heavier fabric.

Our bimini canvas needs replacement. For Bennington factory replacement canvas, it is $795 plus tax and shipping. For $200 more, we can have a power bimini.
Yes. Power-top.com has it for $990 in 6 colors. I got the burgundy and opted for the optional remote for an additional $90. Top goes on real easy. Hardest part is fishing the wiring for a clean look.

I love my top!!!

Back