Prop suggestion

Jamey B

Reaction score
Just purchased 2006 Tritioon 2875 5.7 VP drive. It currently has a VP duo prop F5. Looking to get more top end if possible. WOT I’m getting about 31 mph.

That is a big heavy boat. With the I/O it's hard to trim the toons out of the water to reduce drag. When I first got our 2575 RCW I/O, I got passed by a 22' Bennington with a 150. He was trimmed up with half of the toons out of the water. Our boat is 3 ft shorter than yours and out top end is about 34 mph. After having the boat a couple of season, I called Ken at Prop Gods and asked for the best prop for pulling tubers and cruising at 3200 rpm. I bought a 4 bladed prop and its great. I have been WOT throttle probably twice since, nobody on the boat enjoys it. Also have you looked at the prices for a duo prop.

That is a big heavy boat. With the I/O it's hard to trim the toons out of the water to reduce drag. When I first got our 2575 RCW I/O, I got passed by a 22' Bennington with a 150. He was trimmed up with half of the toons out of the water. Our boat is 3 ft shorter than yours and out top end is about 34 mph. After having the boat a couple of season, I called Ken at Prop Gods and asked for the best prop for pulling tubers and cruising at 3200 rpm. I bought a 4 bladed prop and its great. I have been WOT throttle probably twice since, nobody on the boat enjoys it. Also have you looked at the prices for a duo prop.

Thanks for the reply, guess I’d better get used to just cruising. lol. It definitely get out of the hole great with tubers.

Back