Prop

DA'GRIFFINS

Reaction score
Weare are a new Bennington Owner and we cannot seem to get the right prop. We have a 70 4stroke motor and started with a 11 pitch. . that was not not functioning properly so we switched to a 13 pitch and it is only running around 53 RPM with only 2 adults on board...any suggestion from anyone on what they are using? Thanks :)

Are you running a Yamaha ? If so they have a lot of good info on there web site.

I tried searching through the "Members Zone:props and Power" section, never saw any 70hp, there were 50's, 60's, and 75's, unless I missed one, weird because I know there are others on here, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Oh and LLW is right, lots of good info on manufacturers sites, but nice to hear real world people.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was your rpm with the 11P? I would think that one would have had your rpm's up around 56-5800.

A little more info would help,what motor, what size boat, what size prop?

We have a 50hp Yamaha on a 20' boat, 14" x 13P and are turning 5800 rpm

I don't want to take this forum off topic. I'm looking to find out if anyone is running a Yamaha 250 with a 19 pitch prop and what there RPM's are at WOT. I'm running a 17 pitch prop and I'm getting 6300 RPM's. 44 MPH with ESP on a 2275 RCW. Looking to squeezes a little more out of her.

Thanks, sorry for getting off topic.

I don't want to take this forum off topic. I'm looking to find out if anyone is running a Yamaha 250 with a 19 pitch prop and what there RPM's are at WOT. I'm running a 17 pitch prop and I'm getting 6300 RPM's. 44 MPH with ESP on a 2275 RCW. Looking to squeezes a little more out of her.

Thanks, sorry for getting off topic.
Hey Loon Lake, is it an SHO? Check out this thread,

We have a 2012 20SL with 25 in. logs and a 70HP Yamaha 4 stroke. With the Bimini up and 4 adults and 1 child we reached 5400 RPM's and 20.2 MPH. The prop on the Yamaha is 13 5/8 X 13. The day before we had 8 adults and 1 child and could not even reach 15 MPH but we were also fighting a strong incoming tide from the Gulf. The engine was bogging down.

Back