Protecting rear fence corners

1roadking

Reaction score
I have an issue with my kids hitting my fence corners in the rear with there wakeboards. We put the wake boards on them sitting on the sun pad, then they jump off the side/rear of the boat. The problem is that sometimes the wake board bumps the boat on the way down. Any ideas to protect the corners? Some type of diamond plating or fence cross bars?

Wow, you've just created a new option idea! TB

The corners on my 2250 are way to easy to dent. Most of the gas docks have those large "fender wheels" on the corner, they look like a tire mounted sideways with the intent of acting like a rolling bumper guard....problem is on the bennie the stern end sits considerably lower then the front. While the fender contacts the side rail at the front, at the rear they go straight into my stern corner panel. I was able to get my hand down between the lounge chair and inside of the boat to push the dents out....but once they get dented they tend not to return to shape without creasing or other damage.

Wow, you've just created a new option idea! TB

The corners on my 2250 are way to easy to dent. Most of the gas docks have those large "fender wheels" on the corner, they look like a tire mounted sideways with the intent of acting like a rolling bumper guard....problem is on the bennie the stern end sits considerably lower then the front. While the fender contacts the side rail at the front, at the rear they go straight into my stern corner panel. I was able to get my hand down between the lounge chair and inside of the boat to push the dents out....but once they get dented they tend not to return to shape without creasing or other damage.
Yep, my corners are dented from the kids bumping them with the wakeboards and from drifting into a docked boat while pulling it out of the water. I pushed out the dents as well. But there are still small creases :angry: I love my boat, but the side panels like all pontoons are pretty easy to ding up.

I can add to the dent in the corner too. I have one on my 2011 GCW and haven't been able to pop it back out due to the lounger being back there. Under the lounger is molded plastic that prevents me from being able to push the dent out. I've tried using a dent puller but can not get a good suction because the dent is in the rounded corner. What really sucks is that this happened the second time out on the water and I've had to look at it ever since.

That's ok, I hit a rock with my motor the 1st day out. It's funny, but it kinda of broke my cherry for minor scuffs and dings. My boat would stay like new if I looked at it all day, but we use it regularly and get a ton of enjoyment out of it. Better to have a boat with some minor dings and dents then a pristine boat that is never used :D

Back