PTM Edge mirror

BigKahuna

Reaction score
I know there has been many threads on PTM Edge mirrors. My question is....... Has anybody removed their mirror??? I have the no drill bolt on model. I removed the pressure bolts with an allen wrench but the mirror bracket wouldn't budge. Then I remembered that I used some kind of 2 faced tape when I installed it. If anybody has removed their mirror how did you get the bracket loose and the 2 faced tape off without damaging it or the railing???

I can't remember if the tape is on the rail sides or rail top on mine and boat is covered right now. Can you slip something like dental floss between rail and bracket and saw through tape with it? I know guys do this to remove badging on trucks/cars.

Thx Mike. It was getting kind of dark when I was at the boat so I'll go back tomorrow and see what I can do. I'll "Macgyver" it one way or another....

I removed mine ,I just wiggled it a little ,no issues . The base itself had to be replaced .They sent tape along with the new base

I removed mine ,I just wiggled it a little ,no issues . The base itself had to be replaced .They sent tape along with the new base
Why did the base need replacing?

Thumb screw broke . Someone bumped into it . Not sure who .

Got it off! Took a little work. That 2 faced tape is some tough S--t!!! Had to scrape it off the rail and the mirror......

Moving it to a new boat Daril?

Back