Pulling the dock today

lakeliving

Reaction score
I held off as long as possible as once it is out I'll be in a depressed state. As I am the last on our cove to pull it I figured it was time. Highs in the 30's a couple days next week. So much for an average high in the low-mid 50's. I've heard Michigan is going to have a brutal winter and it appears it is going to get an early start.

I feel for you Andy it reminds Me of my days living in Rhode ISLAND.We live in Florida now so only windy days stop us from cruising the intercoastal waterways.It will feel like a new boat next year,good luck on being patient lol :p

Got 4 inches of snow today and many of my friends still have their docks in....sucks to be them....

On a positive note, the Mrs just mentioned it would be nice to live someplace where we didn't have to worry about pulling our boat

:eek:

On the sad side I dont have to pull my dock this year because it is not even in the water! We need some rain! I do not pull it out most years anyway I made it my self its a wooden dock with foam block for flotation We go down and ice fish and skate in the winter something about the foam keeps the water from freezing to the foam blocks so there is always a film of water on them and as it freezes it pushes the dock up but its nice to be able to sit on it and change shoes or put fishing tackle!

That's gotta suck having to pull out your dock every year. Glad our water is never solid.

No ice concerns Willb?? 

And Carl I knew a comment like that would be coming from you!!

Back