Putting Full Enclosure up and down

Blinq

Reaction score
Hello All ! Just bought my first pontoon boat, a 2008 Bennington 2275 GS with a full enclosure. The boat and enclosure are in great shape but it need a goods cleaning, especially the carpet (mold and moss) and canvas. The seller inherited the boat and knew very little about it or boating. I bought it in December and had to put down the enclosure to trailer it home. We didn't know what we were doing and ended up removing the canvas to get it home. Once at home I was able to get the rear frame off and put down the front frame to get it in my garage but it was trial and error and I really don't remember how we did it. I can't do much now with it in garage except clean it up and inspect it (I'm very pleased with the condition) but am wondering how this enclosure goes on and is deployed. I was hoping to find some help on the internet in the form of a video or written instructions but have found nothing. Does anyone know where I could find instructions out there? I don't even know how to put the bottom frame clips into the rail brackets. I'm sure I'll figure but instruction would be helpful  and since I can't get the frame up while in the garage it will have to wait until I'm ready to use it in the Spring.  Anyhow, I'm glad I ended up buying a Bennington and enjoy reading this forum while I anxiously wait for Summer.

Blaine,

Shoot me a pm. I'll give you a hand on a WARM weekend. I live in York. Are you docking at Codorus or the river?

I'm sure we can get it figured out.

Smitty

Heck, your off Taxville Road. I live up off Stillmeadow. You are a stones throw away from me.

No, not the red one but I looked at that one. This is white with blue. I didn't think it would do any good to register a 2008 with Bennington.

I plan on docking at Codorus, if I can get a slip. I put my name on the list mid/late summer knowing I would have a pontoon by this coming summer but I'm pretty far down the list so we'll see. I was hoping they would transfer from the previous owner but I'm told they don't do that. I'm going to call them this week anyhow to ask some questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you will have to wait Iwas #31 when I went on the list a couple years back. I ended up getting a dock that spring. I think they got to around #39 or so. Hope to see you up there. We are in the lake probably more than anyone.

Blaine,

Worst case you can trailer it up and get a transient dock for the weekend. I think it's $9/night. I thought I was going to have to do that my first year with our big toon. We bought it in September and then got on the list (kind of an afterthought) . Luckily we got a slip or it was going to be an expensive summer.

Smitty

Talked to the park office today and was told it could go into March until I know because some people don't came to cancel, they just don't pay. There are others on the list that turn it down when their number is up. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. She said the transient slips were $9.60 day. Worse case I could do that for about 65 days for the same price, maybe July and August.

$9.60 a day is a Deal in northern Michigan .

Yeah, last day of February is drop dead for renewal, then they start going down list. I recommend I dock if you can. The traffics not quite as bad down there and it splits off main lake so you don't get as much wake action. I'm on the end of I dock,so I don't have a neighbor boat beside me.

$9.60 a day is a Deal in northern Michigan .
I'm pretty sure I paid that or at least close to it in July 2011 at the harbor in Cheybogan on the river there just in from Lake Hurron.

?????????

Oatmeal!

Back