Q25 with Mercury 400 Vibration at idle speed

Troose

Reaction score
I am having a vibration at idle in gear to about 1500 rpms. Prop looks just like a new one. vibration seems to go away once cruising.

Make sure you have the correct size prop. I had the same issue and mechanic put the wrong size prop on it. Changed it out and works like a charm. Good luck

Is this a brand new issue on a boat that didn’t have this issue before, OR is it a new boat, and has been doing this from the start. Additional info might help members provide advice: Year boat? Current prop + dia & pitch? Hit anything with prop or lower unit?

If still under warranty, I’d have a dealership look into it unless you come across something obvious.

I have a 250 Verado, which has always had a tiny giggle through the steering wheel when in gear at low RPM. Once I increase speed, it goes away. I just figured it’s the result of a slight manufacturing defect, so to speak.

I'd bet anything it's prop out of balance. Seen it with brand new props, specifically aftermarket props.
Not that it matters, but is this the new V10 400? If so, trying another prop is going to be challenging as prop availability is an issue.

Back