Question for those with screen rooms

lakeliving

Reaction score
We are in the process of enclosing the patio under our deck. It seems there is a lot of options when it comes to screens. I will be doing my own track/channel system but am looking for some input on screen material. We want black or charcoal to block views from outside in. (Hot tub :D )  

The panels will be 4'x7.5' and the exposure is north west so we do get some winds accross the lake here and there. I figure I can always add a horizontal brace to break that up if needed.  

Fiberglass- $, easy to work with

Aluminum- $$ dents, paint rubs off and is harder to work with

Pet Screen- $$$ This looks to be a good option but is it worth the money? It looks to be 4 times the cost of regular fiberglass. My dog does not jump on the screens but there is a baby on the way.

Thanks in advance!

We are in the process of enclosing the patio under our deck. It seems there is a lot of options when it comes to screens. I will be doing my own track/channel system but am looking for some input on screen material. We want black or charcoal to block views from outside in. (Hot tub :D )  

The panels will be 4'x7.5' and the exposure is north west so we do get some winds accross the lake here and there. I figure I can always add a horizontal brace to break that up if needed.  

Fiberglass- $, easy to work with

Aluminum- $$ dents, paint rubs off and is harder to work with

Pet Screen- $$$ This looks to be a good option but is it worth the money? It looks to be 4 times the cost of regular fiberglass. My dog does not jump on the screens but there is a baby on the way.

Thanks in advance!
I used www.screeneze.com along with the charcoal petscreen. It works great, very easy to repair/replace, easy to clean, and has decent visibility.

Looks nice. We want black so it ties in with our black deck spindles. Looks like they have a bronze but the wife will not go for that. Thanks Tom!

Looks nice. We want black so it ties in with our black deck spindles. Looks like they have a bronze but the wife will not go for that. Thanks Tom!
You might call them to see what they have. As I recall the bronze is really dark. They have samples available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tom as my screen porch needs to be redone and I didn't want the white plastic from Lowes again.

Back