Quick 350 pontoon windless installation

Chuck13

Reaction score
I just purchased the Quick 350 windless for my 2013 22 ft Bennington. I need some help with the installation. I saw a post on this site earlier by a member who installed this unit and am hoping he may be of help on some install directions. Following are some questions I have. > Do you need a anchor rode (chain) with this? > What is the "integrated hydraulic magnetic switch" referred to in the manual? > Is it possible to use one of the unused switches on the console? Or do I need to order this particular switch? I would sure appreciate any help as I am obviously unskilled at this. Thanks Chuck

I have this Quick windlass installed and have what I hope are a few answers for you. I have not used it but one time at a lake beach and it worked fine. The main problem to me I think will be knowing when the anchor hits bottom since it's underdeck mounted, I can't see it, just hear it. It's bolted to a square piece of steel which is bolted to cross members behind where the trailer chain/winch line is connected to. It is also kind of loud, probably because it seems to be a very heavy duty motor. I have only used it once because I set the boat up for fishing with an iPilot Link Minkota Terrova 80 60" trolling motor. One of the neatest features I love is hitting the stop/lock button on it's remote control and by using it's built in GPS, if you drift more than 5' in any direction it fires up and takes you back to that spot. That is so cool. So only if/when we ever stay on the boat over night in some cove will we be using that shiny expensive anchor again. I found out you cannot use a rode/chain setup, only the 100' of rope that comes spooled on it. I did order and have installed the up/down switch of Quick's. I don't think the console switches would work, but not sure? The one from quick is a heavy duty metal toggle. The hydraulic magnetic switch I think refers to how when the anchor comes all the way up it pulls that bar back which shuts the motor off. Learning about anchoring water depth ratios, I guess this anchor is only good in up to about 20' of water.

The dash mount accessory switches are single pole single throw (two position on/off). You would need a three position switch, forward/off/reverse. You could probably replace one of the dash mounted switches with a matching three way switch rated to handle the load. If your existing Nav light switch matches the accessory switches, I suggest looking at the ratings, and if sufficient, ordering another through your dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back